Those two tennis ball machines have quite similar features, for example, they can both shoot balls at maximum speed of 80 miles/h or about 130 km/h, have horizontal and vertical oscillations, and two-line drills.
- Spinfire Pro 2 tennis ball machine has internal oscillation, which moves the throwing mechanism inside the machine, while Lobster Elite 3 tennis ball machine oscillates the whole machine side by side. Therefore it is hard to see the oscillation of Spinfire Pro 2 from the other end of the court and the shots of spinfire Pro 2 are less predictable than Lobster Elite 3 (please watch the video to see what is internal oscillation).
- When stopping horizontal oscillation, Spinfire Pro 2 tennis ball machine won't stop the inside throwing mechanism until it returns to the central position. However, Lobster Elite 3 tennis ball machine will stop anywhere it is stopped, which can cause the machine shoot balls out of court when you center the machine in the court next time and turn on horizontal oscillation. Therefore you have to manually stop the horizontal oscillation of Lobster Elite 3 tennis ball machine when it is at the center, while you can stop that of Spinfire Pro 2 tennis ball machine anywhere and it will automatically return to the center.
Spinfire Pro 2 tennis ball machine is bigger and heavier (23 kg), while Lobster Elite 3 is compact and weighs less (20 kg). The internal oscillation and larger ball capacity make Spinfire Pro 2 bigger and heavier. Therefore Lobster Elite 3 are more movable and handy.
Spinfire Pro 2 tennis ball machine turns the throwing machanism up and down faster than Lobster Elite 3. More importantly, the same as horizontal oscillation, Spinfire Pro 2 will automatically return back to the lowest point wherever it is stopped, while Lobster Elite 3 needs to be stopped at the lowest point (turning off the switch when you see it is at the lowest point).
Spinfire Pro 2 tennis ball machine has internal oscillating mechanics, while Lobster Eltie 3 oscillates the machine side by side. In addition, Spinfore Pro 2 has three settings in their two-line drills, namely wide, medium and narrow, while Lobster Elite 3 has two settings, namely wide and narrow.
- Spinfire Pro 2 tennis ball machine is equipped with a 9-function remote control, which controls 1. elevation up, 2. elevation down, 3. vertical oscillation, 4. start/stop feeding, 5. two-line drills (wide, medium, narrow) , 6. horizontal oscillation (wide, medium), 7&8. left and right (moving the shooting mechanism left/right), 9. pause
Spinfire Pro 2 9-function remote control
- Lobster Elite 3 remote control has only two buttons, which controls start/stop feeding and horizontal oscillation.
Lobster Elite 3 2-function remote control
- Spinfire Pro 2 tennis ball machine has membrane touch panel and LCD screen which shows ball interval, speed, spin, elevation and four-bar battery indicator. When you change a setting either by control panel or remote control, the screen will show what is happening.
Spinfire Pro 2 control panel
- Lobster Elite 3 control panel consists of dials/switches.
Summary and suggestion:
Spinfire Pro 2 tennis ball machine has the following better features:
- Internal oscillation
- Membrane touch panel and LCD screen
- 9-function remote control
- Large ball capacity
- Automatically positioned when stopping both horizontal oscillation and vertical oscillation
However, Lobster Elite 3 is more compact and weighs less and has larger wheels which can even run on grass and small stones. Therefore Lobster Elite 3 are more portable and movable.
If you choose features, Spinfire Pro 2 is a better choice. If you have a small car boot and choose portability, Lobster Elite 3 is a better option.